Want to become a member because you like what we're about? Do you share the same interests and want to help? Then please download and complete the above membership form. We look
forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our organization as soon as possible!
Benefits of Membership in the Lancaster Italian Cultural Society
Lancastrians of Italian ancestry and others with an interest in the Italian culture have an opportunity to gather together to share their experiences and enjoy the rich heritage that we all love. One
way that this can be done is to join the Lancaster Italian Cultural Society.
The benefits of being a member in this organization are many, and a few are listed below, but others will become evident as this organization continues to grow.
- Meeting with friends new and old, in an Italian-oriented setting. General Meetings are held every other month, typically on a Sunday afternoon. A cultural presentation, followed by light fare and
refreshments, and sometimes dinner, frequently will be offered.
- Receipt of the quarterly newsletter, L’Osservatore Lancastriano, containing upcoming schedule of events, the "Did You Know" column which focuses on the significant contributions made by our
Italian ancestry, past and present, our new members listing and "Bravo!" section, as well as delicious recipes submitted by our membership.
- Trips and outings for members. Past trips included regional operas, bus trips to historical locations such as Ellis Island, and trips to various Italian festivals in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Networking with others in the Italian-American community. Opportunities abound for those who know and care about one another. See how local networking can help in your business.
- Participation in the General Meeting, so that Members' interests, issues and points of view can be heard. Members will have a voice in how the Society is operated. We also strongly
encourage our membership to serve as officers and board members so that this organization fulfills our mission.
- Local events such as a summer picnic; a free winter for members where we can enjoy Italian covered dishes; the annual "Multicultural Festival"; and the annual Christmas Party. We
welcome members suggestions and ideas for trips and events.
- As a Member, you can help to insure that the goals of the organization are alive, strong, and are being achieved, especially as they pertain to our Italian culture for young and old alike.
- Annual membership dues cost are reasonably priced $30 per household, which includes all family memebers living at the same address.
The Lancaster Italian Cultural Society cordially invites you to apply for membership in the organization.
If you have any questions, please contact Rosemary LaFata,
Membership Committee, at (717) 575-4254.